Tuesday, 28 April 2015 22:37

Residential Burn Permits Required May 1st

Camino- Residential burn permits will be required beginning Friday May 1st. These permits are issued to the public FREE of charge, are valid for three years from the date of issuance and allows for the burning of dry vegetation (NOT household trash) that originates on the landowners property. You can pick up your FREE residential burn permit at most of the local staffed fire stations. “This year’s winter was one of the driest and hottest recorded, extreme caution should be exercised while landscape debris burning.”- Mike Kaslin Unit Chief Amador- El Dorado Unit CAL FIRE.

Don't forget that the use of burn barrels is no longer legal in Amador or El Dorado counties. For tips on residential landscape debris burning safety or other fire and life safety topics, please visit the CAL FIRE website at www.fire.ca.gov

Quick tips to landscape debris burning; Make sure pile is no larger than four feet by four feet Scrape a ten foot wide ring around pile down to bare dirt Have a shovel and water supply (garden hose) close by Make sure an adult is present at all times until pile is dead out Be sure to call to ensure it is a permissive burn day

Amador County (209) 223-6246El Dorado County (530) 621-5897 Sacramento County (916) 874-4800Alpine County (760) 872-8211 ext. 240


For alternatives to burning your piles, please contact the Amador Fire Safe Council at www.amadorfiresafe.org or the El Dorado County Fire Safe Council at www.edcfiresafe.org for details on their available programs.